Join us in 2021, from wherever you are, for online Maths Teacher Circles sessions!
Each practical and interactive session is 2.5 hours, during which time we will dive into thought-provoking and accessible maths problems and discuss their implications for classroom practice.
Sessions feature an exciting range of presenters and opportunities to connect with others in a welcoming environment.
Join like-minded teachers, mathematicians and other maths lovers.
- Do you enjoy doing and being challenged by maths?
- Are you after strategies and recommended resources to help students become better problem solvers?
- Do you want dedicated time to focus and reflect on your teaching practice?
- Are you keen to build meaningful connections and join a like-minded community?
Then Maths Teacher Circles are for you! We look forward to seeing you soon.
January Session – Now Closed
Theme: Building Mathematical Thinking With Games
April Session – Now Closed
Theme: Fold Things into Thirds, Thirty-thirds and More with James Tanton
June Session – Now Closed
Theme: Exploring the M in STEM
July Session – Now Closed
Theme: Manipulatives and Problem Solving For All Ages
Theme: Bringing the Maths Proficiencies To Life
Date: Thu 7 October 2021, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM (Australian Eastern Daylight Time, UTC+11 Syd/Mel)
Find out more about the October session.
In a different timezone? Convert the session times here.
Keen to attend a session but can't make the time? By registering, you will get access to the session recording after the event plus all session resources so you won't miss out!
Registering For More Than 1 Session
To register for more than 1 session, select and register for one event first. Then, at Checkout, select ‘Buy More Tickets’ – this option will appear in your cart near the total price:
The registration cost for each event is AU$120.00.
What you will receive at a Maths Teacher Circle session:
- 2.5 hours of high quality professional learning
- Resources for each activity you do during the session and a copy of any slides
- Dedicated time to explore and deepen your understanding of mathematical problem-solving
- A session recording, so you can go back through it again later
- A certificate recognising your professional learning hours and AITSL-aligned standards
- Time to do and build an understanding of activities that you can use with your students of all backgrounds
- Opportunity to meet and remain in contact with other educators
- Opportunities to discuss and ask questions about classroom practice and mathematical ideas.
By coming back to multiple Maths Teacher Circle sessions, you will:
- Hear from a range of presenters from different backgrounds, including teachers, mathematicians and learning specialists
- Make connections between important mathematical ideas
- Develop and refine your pedagogical practices for delivering problem solving activities and mathematical routines.
- Implement new ideas in the classroom, reflect and then build on them at subsequent sessions
- Become part of an ongoing learning community that focusses on understanding and teaching mathematics.
AITSL Professional Standards
AITSL Professional Standards for Teachers addressed in these sessions: 1.2, 1.5, 2.1, 2.5, 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 4.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 7.4.
Frequently Asked Questions
Want to find out more about virtual Maths Teacher Circles sessions, including what you can expect? Check out our frequently asked questions.
Make A Booking
Want to stay informed about the latest Maths Teacher Circle events and opportunities?